Terrible Time experience with Support

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Kerry
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Terrible Time experience with Support

Post by Kerry »

What I have been through before is: if the Control Center can not find your NAS, you should unplug all of your hard drives and then try again. If after unplugging the hard drives, the NAS can be found, your hard drive might be broken either with bad sectors or something else. If after unplugging the hard drives, the NAS can not be found, the NAS should be bad and you should ask for repair.
orion

Post by orion »

samcguire wrote:I have the latest upgrade but the problem was present with the past version. Does anyone know if it is possible to get in contact with technical support in the US? The global answers in English, then reverts to Chinese (which I do not understand), then cheerily says "Goodbye" and hangs up. Does Asustor have a management presence in the US and does anyone know how to reach them? I have been trying for two weeks for assistance without help.
I don't know how to reach tech support in the US. However I'm surprised that the ticket you sent does not resolve the problem, and no further actions. I own the same model, and I might be able to try your way here if you can describe more detailed information. It's a good test according to Kerry's instruction. (You'll need to power NAS off before removing HDDs). Post your results here.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Have you tried the reset pin in the back of the NAS? press it until beep sound and see if it can recover.
gggplaya

Post by gggplaya »

Arniceous wrote:Agreed! the phone support for Asustor Toll free number: 844-278-7867 Hours: 10am-6pm Pacific Time (M-F) blows arse. I was able to make contact once a couple years ago when I first called for support little did I know for the future that Asustor has a very limited support channel. This is NOT good regardless how stable ADM seems or how wonderful the price is for the cpu bundled with these home NAS systems are. WE NEED PHONE support. We are not in control of ADM if something goes wrong remote administration with teamvuewer is great but only through email which is very time consuming and not reliable or often a slower process with time zones holidays etc... Yes the staff is friendly through the support msg board, yes main Asustor dealers in various countries help their customers directly but Asustor must get that call center off the ground. I would personally work for Austor answering calls for an hourly wage if offered! why? because I believe in support for such a product especially with all the apps and maintainers and ADM platform changes.

In all fairness Synology & Q-nap both offer 24 HR Support around the world WOW so Team Asustor you heard it! Lets get users like myself in the cloud with phone support because your bay area toll free number isn't reliable at all!

https://i.gyazo.com/0cd9a214c293d2482bc ... 165a17.png
https://i.gyazo.com/36fcbd53768f718bfba ... 112051.png
Synology's phone support is only 7am to 4pm PST, not 24 hours.

Return to “Meet and Greet”