Greetings from Canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

marty99
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Greetings from Canada

Post by marty99 »

Hi,

Let me introduce my new AS-604T with 4x4TB WD RED Hard drives and upgraded 2GB Memory from Kingston.
Love the unit so far, but ran into my first problem today: There is no audio coming out of the HDMI port. Well, 95% of the times its dead silent, 5% choppy audio. Tried with Boxee, XBMC, Plex, Youtube....looks like this is a problem with the NAS itself. Tried various HDMI cables, different inputs straight on the TV, no go....

I'm new to this forum, basically looking for technical tricks or help with my current problem :-)
marty99

Re: Greetings from Canada

Post by marty99 »

Ok, found what the problem was. Can't get sound when I plug the hdmi to the TV, but I do have perfect sound going through the amp. Nice!! :lol:
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Can you kindly share with us what is the cause of the no audio issue ?
marty99

Post by marty99 »

Well, I thought it was something to do with the TV. But hey, guess what. After restarting the NAS this morning, no audio again. Well, I mean, very very CHOPPY audio....no problem with video whatsoever, image is as clean as it can be.

I hope this is just a software bug and not a hardware issue....Spending $500 for a much desired NAS box, specifically because it has an HDMI port, and not being able to use that HDMI port is very disappointing.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Have you managed to adjust the audio settings under xbmc to optical ir analog to see if it works ?

Return to “Meet and Greet”