Hi from Holland 304T first experiences

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.
jjrensink
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Hi from Holland 304T first experiences

Post by jjrensink »

Hi Community!
My new (surprisingly silent) NAS arrived last weekend and I as a layman regarding networking have come quite a way with installing the things I want (which is after crashing two HDD on a Mac and a PC running 24/7 a low power consuming share and download station).

As probably every inexperienced first time user I do however run into some issues, perhaps anyone has ideas?
- after today's update of ADM, Couchpotato does not open from the app center (yesterday I finally got it to work with Sabnzbd, after entering the correct port)
- I installed Upnp2 and activated SMB, but my 8-player on the IPAD only rarely finds the ASUSTOR
- Streaming from the NAS to the JB ATV2, I experienced a couple of crashes of XBMC (never had this with WD Book live)
Thanks for any suggestions / ideas / solutions
JJ
sys

Re: Hi from Holland 304T first experiences

Post by sys »

I just installed 8player for iphone 3GS and 8player can find AS-304T under either uPnP (appeared as NAS name) or uPnP v2 (appeared as Asustor)

For CouchPotato, there is also no problem in opening it and snatching After Earth, Despicable Me 2, Now you see me etc...

I have the latest ADM R8S1.
jjrensink

Post by jjrensink »

I have been working on this issue for a week now, but only once did 8player recognise the a304t upnp server (tried version 1 and version 2). Filebrowser app, powerplayer app and imediacontrol recognise a304t (although sometimes it takes quite a long time).
I use 8player to Airplay flac files to my airport express. I cannot play my music now.
Couch potato also is not working. (Cannot find server on 192.168.178.17:5050 message when using IExplorer under Windows 8). Before the update everything was working fine.
Another update has come and according to the manual I should have a tab managing the LCD screen on the A304t, but the tab is gone (as well as the LCD screen, that I only have seen working during the first few days)...
Anyone?
Thx
JJ
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

vis ssh issue the following

Code: Select all

/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart
Post the output here and confirm if you can connect to CouchPotato.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “Meet and Greet”