Greetings...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.
Dr Ace
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Greetings...

Post by Dr Ace »

... I purchased an AS-608T over the week-end and despite a couple of teething problems am so far very impressed by the unit. Going to be using it predominantly as storage and for photo/media sharing around the house and across the Internet and I'll be honest and say it was a toss up between this and the Synology 1812+. In the end it was little features like the front panel USB port, the speed with which asustor seem to be developing ADM (looking forward to the June announcements) and the responsiveness of folks in these forums that won me over.

Performance is impressive to say the least compared to my many years old ReadyNAS and even my WHS box - everything is going to go onto the 608T in the end and then I'll decide what to do with the other boxes - backups is one option of course.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know the device in more detail and to start playing with some of the add-ins in anger.
James.W@AST

Re: Greetings...

Post by James.W@AST »

welcome :D
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200
Dr Ace

Post by Dr Ace »

Just wanted to provide a quick update on my Asustor experience to date...

Overall I am delighted with the AS-608T... performance and ease of use is first class. I've certainly had a few challenges but most of those have been down to lack of understanding on my part. Where there have been problems that have needed escalation the Asustor team have been exemplary - I really don't think I've experienced product support of this standard previously... thank you guys!
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Thank you :D :D
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad

Return to “Meet and Greet”