Model: AS 5304T

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.
Alanflying
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Model: AS 5304T

Post by Alanflying »

Hi from the UK,

I have the above unit. It was working on a win7 computer on the lan OK. I now have a win10 computer on the same lan. Asustor control centre cant access the NAS - states its not available on the win10 machine. Same machine and windows explorer can see the nas but can't access it. Turned the win7 machine on and its OK, explorer can see it and access it, as can control centre. What have I done wrong? Is it a windows setup problem or a control centre problem? Any help appreciated.
Alan
ilike2burnthing

Re: Model: AS 5304T

Post by ilike2burnthing »

ADM > Services > SMB > Enable WS-Discovery
Alanflying

Post by Alanflying »

Didnt seem to work. I checked discovery was turned on and I tried to connect to the NAS from windows explorer, network/under computer. Just got an error messaage "windows cant access \\NAS"
I am not sure what you mean by ADM/Services/SMB/Enable WS-Discovery. What or where is ADM?
Thank you for your time, it seems to be a win10 problem from what you are suggesting.
Alan
ilike2burnthing

When you access the NAS's main UI in browser, that's ADM.
Alanflying

Post by Alanflying »

I have 2 addresses, 192.168.178.62 and 65. Using Firefox to access, I get the message "Congratuations - web server enabled", doesnt matter what IP I used, same message.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

Alanflying wrote:I have 2 addresses, 192.168.178.62 and 65. Using Firefox to access, I get the message "Congratuations - web server enabled", doesnt matter what IP I used, same message.
That's because you are using the web server port. You need to use the special system admin port to access ADM. Typically 8000 or 8001.
Alanflying

Post by Alanflying »

I changed the ports to 8150 and 7500. Neither allows access on either IP address. "Device blocked - too many failed login attemps" is the error message.
Remove all Asustor software and start again?
Alan
ilike2burnthing

Yes.
Alanflying

Post by Alanflying »

Removed all ASUSTOR software. Turned unit off using switch on front. Turned it back on, downloaded control centre, it couldn't find 5304T. Turned off windows firewall (all settings) ran the software again. It now finds the 5304T, but states it is not ready, hence still no access from control centre. Windows explore also cant access it, but it is in the "tree". This desktop computer is connected by 2 x cables to a switch, which is connected to my router also with a firewall.

My laptop computer connected by wireless doesn't have any ASUSTOR software, but using windows explorer it finds the 5304T and I can access sub folders.

Suggests to me its a conflict between desktop firewall or similar and the 5304T. But what?
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

Alanflying wrote:Removed all ASUSTOR software. Turned unit off using switch on front. Turned it back on, downloaded control centre, it couldn't find 5304T. Turned off windows firewall (all settings) ran the software again. It now finds the 5304T, but states it is not ready, hence still no access from control centre. Windows explore also cant access it, but it is in the "tree". This desktop computer is connected by 2 x cables to a switch, which is connected to my router also with a firewall.

My laptop computer connected by wireless doesn't have any ASUSTOR software, but using windows explorer it finds the 5304T and I can access sub folders.

Suggests to me its a conflict between desktop firewall or similar and the 5304T. But what?
One thing that can break ACC on Windows is if you are running a VPN client on your computer. ACC needs to broadcast to 8.8.8.8 and this call is blocked by some VPN clients even if you allow bypass for local network access.

Otherwise, I would wait a few days. Others have complained about Windows access problems in the latest ADM release, and ASUSTOR have promised a bug fix after the Chinese New Year:

https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php ... =10#p45916

Return to “Meet and Greet”