Having a problem installing coppermine, DB related

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.
kaladorn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Having a problem installing coppermine, DB related

Post by kaladorn »

I just got a 3102T v2 NAS and its up and running.

I'm not exactly new to computers and I can handle digging into things if needed.

I was looiking for a reasonably decent gallery app (I got soundsgood and looksgood setup without much fuss) and coppermine seemed to be one included with my NAS.

However, I'm having a problem as I step through the coppermine installer. I guess I chose a MYSQLI install and it connected with no password or admin in the 'test database connection'. It's there. I can access it via the MyWebSQL app on the NAS. I can see it, but I can't add a new DB or user and the DB that's there looks like the main DB for apps. I think this must be the one the system uses.

I try to 'create' a db for the following step (using the button to create as I have no DB to point it at in the dropdown) but no luck. That would make sense if it is the system's DB that I got into during the install.

My options to choose when picking a DB appeared to be MySQLI, PDO:MySQL and MySQL (not available).

I'm thinking I needed ot somewhere in here install a DB other than the existing MySQLI database that I can see but not mainpulate. I don't know what the db users/passwords are for that one. But this wasn't part of the coppermine installer.

So, here's my question:
a) If anyone is using coppermine, what did you have to do to install coppermine as far as DB goes? What DB do you use that I can easily install onto the NAS? (ideally one I can find in the App Center)

b) If I don't need to install a new DB that I could then point the coppermine installer at, what do I need to do?

c) What happens if I disconnect fom the installer where it is? Do I have a messed up install I can't ever get rid of? That could be unfortunate....

d) If I could bail out entirely, is there some other modest web based image tool I should be looking to install otherwise?

I suspect if I could install a new DB that could be used by coppermine, then I could finish the install... but that's just my guess in ignorance. I note that the third party topics didn't include a coppermine topic which is odd since it comes in the app center...
orion

Re: Having a problem installing coppermine, DB related

Post by orion »

I don't install coppermine. But you should install phpMyAdmin to manipulate database.
kaladorn

Post by kaladorn »

Ok, installed phpMyAdmin and tried to login as root or admin with the password that gets me into the box.

mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Get the same with root (says 'root'@localhost).

Thoughts?
kaladorn

Post by kaladorn »

I think the problem here is that *somehow* I may not have the credentials for the db. I'm assuming the db came with the php installation and it seems like the attempt in the coppermine installer and here what we get back from myphpadmin is that I somehow changed (where/how? no clue) the password for the database (I don't even remember seeing that).

So what do I have to do now? Go back, uninstall sounds good, looks good, php 7 and other stuff and then try to reinstall it again so that somewhere I get a DB I can access?
orion

Post by orion »

It seems that coppermine needs database, called copperminedb. https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ubu ... o-gallery/. I don't know why you pointed to other apps, sounds good...? Any relations that you mixed?
kaladorn

Post by kaladorn »

Here's some thoughts:
1) I have a mysqld but no mariadb. On the other hand, I have the MariaDB app in ADM web interface. It will let me change PW if I already have the pw for the db (which seems to be a the root issue; I don't nor do I know how that happened).

2) Also, MariaDB does not show up in the ADM Services on my 3102T v2 NAS. Should it? No idea, but the link I'm going to post here would suggest so to be able to bring down the Maria DB.

3) When I go and execute (via PuTTY) mysqld --version, the string I get back indicates Ver 15.1 of MariaDB.

So here's a linux answer to this issue of reseting db password for MariaDB or MySQL db:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... t-password

However, the systemctl calls are 'not found' on the asustor (at least when I tried to execute them).

This link is more relevant being designed for Asustor, but it looks like it worked for some version of the 74xx Asustors:
https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... in-mariadb

But I can't shutdown the MariaDB via ADM\Services\MariaDB (which I take to mean the Services web app and/or the MariaDB app, neither of which seem to match to the instruction.

And when I kill -9 the mysql server and try this:
mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables --skip-networking &
To restart the process of being able to get it up but let me hack past to replace the db PW, I get
'mysql_safe: not found
from the shell.

So what I need I think (at a minimum) is a 3102T v2 version of this process that will let me replace the database password.

I'm still confused why mysqld --version says MariaDB yet I have no MariaDB daemon (instead just a mysqld) but maybe that's the way things are supposed to be.

Anyway, my problem seems to be I need to be able to take down the database, bring it back up in a safe mode of sorts, and then do some script stuff to reset the password.

If you have any suggestions, I'll see what I can try.

I've punted the question to Asustor US tech support. We'll see what they come back with.

And thanks for the help so far.
orion

Post by orion »

Database engine should be MariaDB. From app's point of view, you could treat them as the same. I don't think you installed mysql manually. Or did you?
I think you should follow the guide (I listed above) related to database portion (no matter under phpMyAdmin app or ssh command line). I guess that should work.
kaladorn

Post by kaladorn »

No, I didn't install mySQL as far as I recall.
kaladorn

Post by kaladorn »

Most of the stuff in your guide won't work with me SSH'd in as root. apt-get, systemctl, msql_secure_installation, etc. They just comeback as 'command not found'. The list of commands available on the asustor, from their own bulletin on this site, does not list these commands as the ones that the non-Linux AMD software supports. It looks like Linux, and it may have some guts that are similar, but they don't support a lot of things that would normally work.

I did get a result out of mysql -u root -p but I got the same issue that underpins all of the problem: I don't know the db password so I get an error.

I won't be able to access whatever database it is (let's assume MariaDB) by any means without the database password. And that seems to be my root issue, which is why I need to get an answer as to a process on the 3102T v2 that works to reset that. If it was Linux, the one link I posted here would be fine, but without the systemctls and other commands, that won't work.
orion

Post by orion »

kaladorn wrote: I did get a result out of mysql -u root -p but I got the same issue that underpins all of the problem: I don't know the db password so I get an error.
You said that you can manage phpMyAdmin, isn't it?
Ok, installed phpMyAdmin and tried to login as root or admin with the password that gets me into the box.
You should apply user: root and password: admin, isn't it?

Return to “Meet and Greet”