Control Center can't see new NAS

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

kenlefevre
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Control Center can't see new NAS

Post by kenlefevre »

I got a new Lockerstor 2 (AS6602T) for Christmas and am trying to get it up and running. So far, no success.

The NAS contains 1 brand new Seagate IronWolf 4TB 3.5" SATA drive (waiting on 2nd to arrive). This drive shows on the list of compatible drives.

Network connection lights are blinking at the top bottom of the jack where the device connects to my network. The front panel lights show proper status. I can see the NAS on the Client List of my ASUS RT-AX82U router. Both the NAS and my laptop have the IP prefix 192.168.50.xxx. The MAC address shown on the router's client list matches what's on the bottom of the NAS's box.

Control Center does NOT see the NAS. It opens a dialog box to say it's searching. After 15 seconds, that box closes. The main window pane of the Control Center is empty.

Per directions I found searching the net, I turned off NAS and restarted it with no hard drive. It still doesn't show on CC. I did factory reset. It still doesn't show on CC.

I have downloaded and re-downloaded the control center. I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed it. I'm continuing to search the new, but not finding anything that is useful. I'm hoping someone on this forum can show me what I'm doing wrong so I can get this device up and running.

I can ping the NAS from both my Windows 10 laptop and my Raspberry Pi. I can rsh to the NAS using puTTY. Once logged in, I can maneuver around and even create directories. I canNOT mount either my laptop or my Raspi. Running ifconfig returns the same IPv4 address on eth0 as the one shown on my router's client list. The mask shown by ifconfig is 255.255.255.0.

Thanks in advance for your help.
orion

Re: Control Center can't see new NAS

Post by orion »

I guess it's related to your firewall settings under your PC, so ACC cannot find NAS. You can check it.

If you can ping the NAS under your Windows 10 laptop, you must know the NAS's IP address. Simply use a browser to open that IP address. The web page should guide you to setup NAS.
kenlefevre

Post by kenlefevre »

Thanks for the advice. I was able to connect to and configure the NAS using the machine's IP address. ACC still can't see it, though. I'm beginning to think there's no need to worry about the ACC. What do you think? Does it offer a capability I can't find elsewhere?
orion

Post by orion »

I use ACC only to find NAS when I forget NAS IP and when I need to wake NAS up. ;)

Return to “Meet and Greet”