Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

SteelSteve
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Hello

Post by SteelSteve »

New ASUSTOR owner, I just ordered the AS1002T V2. I had an old Buffalo Linkstation for many years but the drive died and I lost everything so I wanted to switch to a NAS with redundancy. Looking forward to getting it configured when it gets here.
SteelSteve

Re: Hello

Post by SteelSteve »

Tough crowed.....
How are you all liking your ASUSTOR NAS devices, of course I'm interested in hearing from users with the AS1002T, but also in general. Did I make a good or bad decision choosing ASUSTOR over say Synology or QNAP? For me having no experience with any of the 3 I was forced to rely on user reviews and the ASUSTOR seemed to be the easiest to configure and use for home use. My main uses for this NAS are going to be for file back-ups and DLNA Media streaming to various SMART devices.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

I own AS7004T and AS-604T for over 6 years. Except the LCD of AS-604T stopped displaying, all are working fine.

I installed miniDLNA in NAS and I can play the videos, movies and photos in my LG 86" smart TV with LG's built in Photo and Video app. And LG's pointer remote control makes it even easier. If you stuff in 2 8TB drive in your AS1002T with Raid 1, that will be a lot of capacity to spare.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

SteelSteve wrote:Tough crowed.....
How are you all liking your ASUSTOR NAS devices, of course I'm interested in hearing from users with the AS1002T, but also in general. Did I make a good or bad decision choosing ASUSTOR over say Synology or QNAP? For me having no experience with any of the 3 I was forced to rely on user reviews and the ASUSTOR seemed to be the easiest to configure and use for home use. My main uses for this NAS are going to be for file back-ups and DLNA Media streaming to various SMART devices.
Hi
I'm owning 1 AS5002T and 1 AS3102T , and they are working fine now.
Asustor can be frustrating in the way it handles certain bugs, and with outdated embedded applications.
For about a year, I really thought I had made the wrong decision, to the point of buying an Intel Nuc and wanting to turn it into a NAS: When you have a little Linux experience (to the point of knowing how to install a small server), you think you spend your time solving problems that you wouldn't have had otherwise: firmware update more than problematic, webdav blocking, bugs in the management interfaces, poor ventilation management, incomprehensible limitation related to the use of the root account. Then little by little, I was able to find solutions or at least workarounds. Asustor is also improved on firmware updates for example. After this troubled period, I came to my end.
SteelSteve

Post by SteelSteve »

Thanks all for the replies. I'm coming from a 1 TB singe disk Link station so I purchased a bundle deal from Amazon which includes 2 3TB Iron Wolf Drives and the AS1002T v2. I do plan on running Raid 1 so I figured 3TB was a nice jump from 1TB, guess time will tell if its big enough.
henrymax

Post by henrymax »

Hello, Friends, I am new Here
Get the latest home decor ideas and crafting tips. Buy best home decoration & kitchen accessories, bathroom accessories online here.
justin

Post by justin »

Hello Guys, I am a new member here. I just ordered the AS6210T.
Hello, my name is Justin I am working as a software developer in an MLM Software Development company.
JanKowalik

Post by JanKowalik »

I own AS7004T and AS-604T for over 6 years. Except the LCD of AS-604T stopped displaying, all are working fine.

I installed miniDLNA in NAS and I can play the videos, movies and photos in my LG 86" smart TV with LG's built in Photo and Video app. And LG's pointer remote control makes it even easier. If you stuff in 2 8TB drive in your AS1002T with Raid 1, that will be a lot of capacity to spare.

Return to “Meet and Greet”