AS3302T File upload

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jr6000
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS3302T File upload

Post by jr6000 »

One of my friends tried to upload a file to my server via the file manager in ADM 4.1, the size was about 4 gb, it took about 2 hours, and i have a fast fiber connection and all settings is correct, i had an other server before, not an asustor, but that server had no problems, cant find out what is wrong !!!

Same problem is when i put wordpress on the server and upload files to it, it takes long time before the files is uploaded, i run a gigabit router, my old server was faster....

I Asustor a pice of junk ???

Sincely Jesper
Nazar78

Re: AS3302T File upload

Post by Nazar78 »

Meaning your transfer speed is about 4.5Mbps from your friend's location to the NAS. Did you take into account your friend's upload speed which you didn't mentioned including yours or any troubleshooting attempts? Wifi/wired? Unless your friend has symmetrical internet speeds (both upload and download has the same speed), the wired upload speed could be way lower (usually half of download) than commonly advertised, worst with Wifi.

I have a 1Gbps fiber upload but a typical transfer externally to the NAS using 1Gbps upload link I would get around 90MB/s which is about 720Mbps, -280Mbps lesser than 1000Mbps.

Try setting up your own speed test, https://github.com/fvdm/speedtest. E.g. mine is below on a 2.5G link, I edited the source slightly using server-side SHTML to show the connected IPs.
Screenshot 2022-11-21 222717.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-21 222717.jpg (9.78 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
jr6000

Post by jr6000 »

My friend is using a wired connection 1000/1000 fiber and i have 300/300 fiber also wired going thru a gigabit router on both sides :-)
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Most probably the fault lies in your network, 300Mbps is about 30MB/s minus 80% efficiency but you're getting only 1/6 of the transfer speed. The NAS can easily achieve 295MB/s +/- over 2.5G link. Set up that simple speed test then come back with the results (both LAN and WAN) if you incline to troubleshoot further.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
jr6000

Post by jr6000 »

Decided to go back to Synology, for me i work every time and i the way i will have to work, i will never buy Asustor again and i will never recommend to others, the software is far behind Synology. You know on my Synology things works like this - Take a picture with my phone and it goes to my Synology that backs it up to my cloud and sync to my pc - All my imporrtant files sync to the shared folders on my NAS and be backupped to the cloud.

You know your Asustor is a piece of shit and is not worth the money - Share folders only sync to cloud - EZ Sync folders only sync to pc, cant be backupped or synch to the cloud - What have 2 sync folders on your shitty NAS, why not only have shared folders that can be sync anywhere, cloud, pc, mobil.

You don't need to ansver this post, bec I will not come back an read it - bye bye ASUSTOR IS THE WORST SHIT ON EARTH !!!!!!

Return to “Meet and Greet”