Where to get help

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

lfisher73
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Where to get help

Post by lfisher73 »

Is there a good place where I could hire someone to help me set up my NAS the way I want it?
Nazar78

Re: Where to get help

Post by Nazar78 »

What are your requirements?
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
lfisher73

Post by lfisher73 »

I have the AS5304T. I thought I was tech savy enough to do it myself, but I am a bit confused. I want to set up my own cloud to where I can save files like I can with dropbox, onedrive, ect.. I want to be able to separate into folders to be able to easily find things like videos vs photos vs documents. Also have separate areas where is for all household vs separate for individual family members.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Can be easily done in the ADM portal, Access Control. Create "Shared Folders" for all the household (you can also make use of the default "Public" to allow access to all users), then create individual ones for each of your family members. You can also create shared folders for collaboration between groups/users. Just give them specific access as needed.

There's many online tutorials like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-Aka6XktQ. If you were to hire someone like me, you'll need to provide that individual with sufficient admin access to manage your setup.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Meet and Greet”