New Asustor NAS, new here

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

SlimTech
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New Asustor NAS, new here

Post by SlimTech »

Hello,

Nice to meet you all of guys!

I recently ordered my new Asustor NAS for my personal use, to save important work-related files, back-ups and looking forward to many more things to do.
I've ordered the AS 66004T. I liked the fact that the NAS can be upgraded (RAM and Nvme), the many apps and capabilities. Although I'd like to ask a question too.
There is the "My Archive" where you can do internal backup, the thing I was wondering is this; If I make a Raid 5 with 3x2Tb HDD drives, can I use a 6Tb on the last slot for the backup or it must be a 1:1? (3x2Tb with 3x2TB were the backup will be? Or I would need a larger NAS like the AS 6508T)

Cheers!
orion

Re: New Asustor NAS, new here

Post by orion »

MyArchive usage is similar to USB device (although it's SATA disk). You can prepare many disks for backup purpose and insert to "MyArchive" slot. Oh, there is GUI to eject MyArchive slot when you need to remove the disk.
SlimTech

Post by SlimTech »

orion wrote:MyArchive usage is similar to USB device (although it's SATA disk). You can prepare many disks for backup purpose and insert to "MyArchive" slot. Oh, there is GUI to eject MyArchive slot when you need to remove the disk.
That's nice! So I can setup the Slot 1-2-3 for Raid 5 and set Slot 4 for "My Archive" to back up my files from the Raid and move them without having to move all three disks. Also the GUI is like the Windows "Remove" ? You can't just unplug the HDD even with "Hot Plug" enabled (and no files are being transferring)?
orion

Post by orion »

GUI is "eject". You should eject MyArchive disk in GUI before you physically remove the disk.
SlimTech

Post by SlimTech »

orion wrote:GUI is "eject". You should eject MyArchive disk in GUI before you physically remove the disk.
Yes, my bad. I translated from my language and didn't go well.

Return to “Meet and Greet”