ADM lost... anyone can help?

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dhstsw
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM lost... anyone can help?

Post by dhstsw »

Hi,

i just opened a ticket with support; in the while, if anyone can help...
So, i guess i did a mistake.

Current config is 2 x WD RED 3Tb in JBOD (bay 1&2)

I was thinking to buy new drives and see what i can do with the ones i have.

So i removed all the drives and inserted an old one in bay1 and installed ADM (as "only disk").

Everything went fine and that's it.

Then i removed the drive and ripristinated the previous situation.

Now ADM is inaccessible. Control Center tells me that system is not initialized.

Ho can i recuperate my datas?
In the while i tried creating another JBOD drive (using other 2 drives), thinking that maybe the nas was expecting to find a JBOD setup to boot (and to use original drives after that): no successo.

Also, if i put the original JBDO drives in bays 3 and 4, and using another ADM setup to boot i can't access the original drives to recuperate the datas.

Any idea / hints?

Thanks.

(anyway, conforming the "system migration" infos, i didn't do anything wrong. So what?!)
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
dhstsw

Re: ADM lost... anyone can help?

Post by dhstsw »

So, after 24 hours of "adm not initialized" reported by ASUSTOR Control Center, at the second try, this morning, it started like nothing happened.

Now it's working perfectly without any problem.

Needless to say, i didn't do *anything* at all: drives are the same, in the same order, in the same bays.

I really don't know what to say :-/
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”