unable to connect to my NAS

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ab241sg
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

unable to connect to my NAS

Post by ab241sg »

Hi
I have a AS3102T and everything was working fine until today. My computer cannot find the NAS on the network. Opening the Asustor Control Centre on the pc and scanning for the NAS does find it, but under the status tab it says "Different Subnet". I am not sure what this means but have tried mapping a new drive using the IP from the control centre and this did not work. Anyone able to help?

Thanks
sksbir

Re: unable to connect to my NAS

Post by sksbir »

Hi
without knowing anything about your network configuration, it's almost impossible to help you.

How is connected your NAS ( wifi / lan ? ) , how is connected your PC ? are you using dhcp or fixed IP address ?

1st try : install 'fing' on an android device connected to you local network, scan your network, and check if your NAS is there.

2nd try : connect to your router, and check dhcp client list.
ab241sg

Re: unable to connect to my NAS

Post by ab241sg »

Hi thanks for the reply. I am not computer literate so a lot of the terms you ask for are not known to me.

I have a Windows pc which is attached to me router via Ethernet connection. My nas is also attached to the router via Ethernet cable. When I had this issue I could connect to the web with both my computer and my nas. They just couldn't see each other.

Anyway, I left it alone and when I went back to it an hour later my computer had found the nas. I still don't know what went wrong but at the moment all is well.
Thanks again

Return to “Tips & Tricks”