reduce the CPU temperature less 30 C ex. AS-204TE

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Juerg_Tech
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

reduce the CPU temperature less 30 C ex. AS-204TE

Post by Juerg_Tech »

Hello,

I have the product AS-204TE with 4 WD Red harddisk 3TB.
The ventilator regulation is configurated in automatic mode. The displayed cpu temperatur is then 67...71C.
With the manual ventilator configuration to high speed you can reduce the cpu temperatur, but then the NAS is very noisy.
The opened case show the problem. The case ventilator can only cool the harddisk. The mainboard and the cpu is capsuled that no air can cool this part.
I used from a laptop a radial ventilator and put it between the case and the mainpoard. This ventilator blow direct the cpu heat sink. This ventilator use 3V from the existing power supply. You don't need the full ventilator power, so I reduce the voltage with 3 diodes (1N4148).
Result: my cpu temperatur is in max. 41 C with configuration in automatic mode !
No additional noise !

Attached: picture of the radial ventilator, it's only stick with douple side tape in the NAS case. You don't need more.

regards,
Jürgen
Attachments
NAS_Ventilator_kl.jpg
NAS_Ventilator_kl.jpg (133.53 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
Last edited by Juerg_Tech on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
itdaboyz

Re: reduce the CPU temperature less 30 C ex. AS-204TE

Post by itdaboyz »

Good to know, thanks!
Ubuntux

Post by Ubuntux »

You could just manually change the fan speed to low.. yes it will get hot, but i dont think the CPU is being damaged at 70 degree +/- 5...
My AS-604T is on those temps too.. and now its been running for like 2 years..
AS-604T & AS-202T
Juerg_Tech

Post by Juerg_Tech »

Intel Atom Processor "T JUNCTION“ max. Temp is 90C, so it works nearly this temperatur. Increasing temperature increase the ageing process. No PC or Server would be designed with CPU working temperatur of 70C.

regards,
Jürgen
orion

Post by orion »

Juerg_Tech wrote:Intel Atom Processor "T JUNCTION“ max. Temp is 90C, so it works nearly this temperatur. Increasing temperature increase the ageing process. No PC or Server would be designed with CPU working temperatur of 70C.

regards,
Jürgen
I checked with asustor support guys that ADM actually shows T-Junction temperature. I believe the surface temperature on CPU is much lower. So I'm quite all right with this setting. I do care much more about FAN noise. Currently it's quiet enough for me.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”