Cloud ID / ISP Router + Privat Router

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
CKruse@online.no
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cloud ID / ISP Router + Privat Router

Post by CKruse@online.no »

I'm not sure I'm using the correct Forum, but.....

I have a problem; my configuration is like this :

WAN ----- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [ISP Router] (192.168.1.0 / 192.168.1.1) ----- 192.168.1.2 [Privat Router] (192.168.0.0 / 192.168.0.1) ----- (192.168.0.2) [AS608T]

I am using PortForward on both routers, and it works; I can access my AS608T from WAN..., but not with Cloud ID
Testing Cloud ID locally, I get an error message; Finding more than one EZ-Router / AS608T and WAN Router is not on same net!
The "Error Message" is correct, I know that my AS608T and the ISP Router are not on the same net...!

My ISP is refusing to set their Router in "BridgeMode"... What should I do..?
TheCKruse
MikeG.6.5

Re: Cloud ID / ISP Router + Privat Router

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Find a new ISP....

Another thing to try is: One nic on the NAS to the ISP router, the other to your main internal router. Gets it 2 IPs one for each nic and network. Gives you both internal and external access. Could create some other issues though... (Nas becomes a bridge this way, might be problematic... potential issues from malware, virus attacks, few other nasties...)

Is their hardware a standard modem/router? Can it be replaced by one of your own purchase?

Best thing is new ISP. If they won't work with you on this, there are other things you may not know about that will sneak up on you.
CKruse@online.no

Re: Cloud ID / ISP Router + Privat Router

Post by CKruse@online.no »

:D I will print out this answer and show it to my ISP... :D Perhaps they change their opinion..! :ugeek:
TheCKruse

Return to “Tips & Tricks”