Coding for my NAS, do i gain access to ..

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

wotanica
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Coding for my NAS, do i gain access to ..

Post by wotanica »

Ok, first a short introduction, since this is my first post.
Im a 41 year old Norwegian software developer. Work daily at a large Norwegian company as a programmer, using C#, Smart Pascal and Object Pascal (Delphi/Smart MobileStudio) as well as a few other languages.

I just bought my first "AS-202T" model for home use.

I was surpriced to see all the "apps" that were available for the system -- but I need some clarification, just to understand what exactly is what.

1. The underlying OS is Linux right?
2. I see you can install the mono runtime, how can i run mono code ? And in what context (ASP.net? GTK#? Where does the UI show up?)
3. Since the NAS is intel, can i presumably upload executables and run them? (compiled for linux naturally) -- if so, how do i do that, and where can i see the display?
4. I noticed that XServer was something you could install? Can i then use a remote-desktop and get access to linux that way?
5. Can i upload APK's that contains executable code? And is python the only script type supported? No DWS or pascal script by chance?
6. My NAS is also behind a router. I placed it in DMZ -- will I then be able to visit the website on it (if i upload the html code) from anywhere with dynIP or my ASUSTOR account?

7- Im a big fan of nodeJS -- but how can i use it on my nas?

I guess most of these questions boil down to "how to i access X feature" beneath the shiny nice web-interface.

Hope you guys can help out -- I have a ton of code I could port over once I find out how to run it :)
zakspop

Re: Coding for my NAS, do i gain access to ..

Post by zakspop »

Return to “Tips & Tricks”