Need advice..please read

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ray007
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Need advice..please read

Post by ray007 »

Hello,
I recently purchased an Asustor 202te from amazon and was very happy with its performance. until recently it started acting weird with random reboots and disconnections from home network. I have now sent the enclosure back to amazon for replacement but according to them it might take up to few weeks before I can get it back.
I have a WD Red drive previously installed in the device. Windows Disk Management sees the drive just fine and reports them as healthy - but cannot display them in Windows Explorer (am using Win 7 64bit). I had hoped that using Ubuntu Live CD was going to sort it - but thus far it hasn't and all I can see is just one 256mb volume. Am I missing something fundamental here? All I want to do is to be able to read the drives and copy off the data - I intend to format the drives thereafter and don't intend using the NAS200 again as it clearly doesn't play well in the Windows environment! I've got both drives hooked up via internal SATA cables. PS - have also tried EXT2READ and EXPLORE2FS and EXT2FSD and ExtFS - Only ExtFS by paragon soft. was able to list the HD but it is showing them as 3 diff partition with 2Gig each and third as a 37Gig. Please advise.
Regards
Ray
ray007 Posts: 1Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:53 pm
Kerry

Re: Need advice..please read

Post by Kerry »

ray007

Post by ray007 »

whoa !! that looks like it might work. Cant wait to get home and try it, fingers crossed :)
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

But it is written clearly for "single". If you configure with raid, better you wait until your NAS back or get another Asustor NAS to get the data.
ray007

Post by ray007 »

I was only using one HDD so no worries there.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”