Running JAVA Applications?

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
sluny
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Running JAVA Applications?

Post by sluny »

Hello, there is Java JRE 7 installed on the NAS (via App Central), so is there any way to run your own Java applications on the NAS? I mean applications with the GUI, not only command line applications from the SSH console, simply something like JDownloader...

Any idea how to do it?

Sluny
nemesis122

Re: Running JAVA Applications?

Post by nemesis122 »

+1
AS 302 T 2x 6TB Jbod.
Plex, Pyload with DLC Support , Uttorent, Transmission + Download Center, FTP Explorer <--Best app ever on a NAS :-)
faarizamar

Post by faarizamar »

I have had a few IPs trying to access my nas. I hope Asustor will create a smart IP ban list so the nas can block the IPs automatically, but until then i want to share the IPs that has tried to get access to my nas so far. Please feel free to share a list of IPs that has tried to access your NAS as well!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

jDownloader can most likely be run on the NAS since it has a Web-UI. But generally applications that require a GUI will not work too well. Except for apps that you can look at through the TV, e.g. game emulators and the like.

There is already an alternative to jDownloader in the App Central though, it's called pyLoad.

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

faarizamar wrote:I have had a few IPs trying to access my nas. I hope Asustor will create a smart IP ban list so the nas can block the IPs automatically, but until then i want to share the IPs that has tried to get access to my nas so far. Please feel free to share a list of IPs that has tried to access your NAS as well!
This is extremely useless, a shared IP-list of millions of bot-IPs will not make anyone the more secure. These are most likely automated programs that target a whole range of IPs and search for specific security holes and/or login details.

But your post gave me an idea, how about fail2ban as an application for the NAS?
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

mafredri wrote:
faarizamar wrote:
But your post gave me an idea, how about fail2ban as an application for the NAS?
I love fail2ban and use it on my ssh shell server
608t
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

http://www.asustor.com/news/news_detail?id=5803
Enhanced Network Defender with added protection based on geographic regions
I hope this means I can deny access to my NAS from most of the world. I need access to my NAS ;)
It probably got delayed a little (just like snmp support).

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656

Return to “Tips & Tricks”