List of portal APIs that do not require authentication?

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
Frode
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

List of portal APIs that do not require authentication?

Post by Frode »

Does such a list exist? I was kinda hoping this would be in the SDK, but as it turned out it's not. So I'll try asking here instead.

I'm creating a few Rainmeter skins to keep tabs on the NAS without having to check a browser tab constantly. So far I've gotten CPU and network traffic histograms going, as well as RAM usage. But all the URLs that returns JSONs with storage information requires authentication (while Rainmeter's web parser plugin supports http authentication, the NAS does not seem to). Which makes sense, because they contain potentially sensitive information like volume and share names. However, is there one that returns non-sensitive storage information? Like the NASs total disk space and usage, regardless of volumes.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. My NAS is a 604T
James.S@AST

Re: List of portal APIs that do not require authentication?

Post by James.S@AST »

Hi Forde,

In order to keep the box safe, all the API requires authentication when commutation with NAS box.
A SNMP client/service project will be kicked off early next year for user/MIS to monitor the system status.
Would you prefer SNMP?
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
Frode

Re: List of portal APIs that do not require authentication?

Post by Frode »

As I mentioned there is at least one API that does not require authentication. I have sent you the specifics.

My need is to monitor my NAS without having to log in and look at its web interface. So SNMP should work fine once it is up and running. But since Rainmeter does not support that either, I'll need to either create my own monitoring app or a Rainmeter plugin either way. So I guess that's next weekend's project. :)

Return to “Tips & Tricks”