[HOW TO] Setup owncloud on your ASUSTOR NAS

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

wde
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [HOW TO] Setup owncloud on your ASUSTOR NAS

Post by wde »

wde wrote:Updated to latest release of Owncloud now can't sign in via ADM. I get the following error.
You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.
Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domain" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.
I've looked at the samples via link provided but my lack of coding skills and where to find files to update and how to update them is over my head.
Any help on finding and updating the appropriate file on Asustor NAS would be appreciated.
I found and edited the config.php file and changed the existing trusted domain to the local address of my NAS and I now have access. Don't know if this is correct way of obtaining access but it works for now.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
aka

Post by aka »

Thank you for the attempt to post some tutorials but,....

This main post and instructions are crappy. When I install and run OC9 for the first time it asks several other questions.
The screenshots you present are old from very old version and inadequate to the current installation. Also there is a lot missing in the installation steps so whoever wants to use this will be very confused. Not to mention you giving no information how to access OC9 from remote PC etc..
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Just installed Nextcloud on my NAS, and it is happily grinding away synching my old ownCloud data up to the Nextcloud. (Had ownCloud before some hardware issues, and never set it back up on the NAS after resolving. The PC's still had the folders, etc.)

Nextcloud seems a lot easier to install and run. Don't need to do any of the phpMyAdmin stuff with it. It just seems to work. Give it a try.
DrMartinus

Post by DrMartinus »

It may not be worth posting on this old thread, yet the last reply forces me to say a few words: I've had very similar issues like the ones mentioned here, but installing Nextcloud. I still haven't resolved them because I didn't find out how to make nextcloud secure enough so that it will allow me to access it remotely, which is a requirement. I have the same problem like wde describes above, who replies to himself but doesn't say how he got to edit the config.php file.
Asustor AS6104T
orion

Post by orion »

DrMartinus wrote:It may not be worth posting on this old thread, yet the last reply forces me to say a few words: I've had very similar issues like the ones mentioned here, but installing Nextcloud. I still haven't resolved them because I didn't find out how to make nextcloud secure enough so that it will allow me to access it remotely, which is a requirement. I have the same problem like wde describes above, who replies to himself but doesn't say how he got to edit the config.php file.
Enable ssh service under ADM web page -> Services -> Terminal. Use ssh tool to connect to NAS with root account (password is the same as admin). The directory is "/volume1/Web/nextcloud".

Return to “Tips & Tricks”