[HOW TO] Using Your NAS as a Home Media Center

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [HOW TO] Using Your NAS as a Home Media Center

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

BTW, I used to line in Katy once upon a time... That was about the time of 9/11, though... So a number of years ago....
gafireman

Post by gafireman »

Greetings all, I've been running my AS 302 T for some time now with Plex, and decided this past weekend to install XBMC and hook up directly to my TV, but when i do so my TV screen is blank. When I log in to the NAS and click XBMC it says great xbmc is install and to connect via hdmi, but nothing is happening. What I'm I doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.
Asustor AS 302t 2x 2TB WD Red
orion

Post by orion »

gafireman wrote:Greetings all, I've been running my AS 302 T for some time now with Plex, and decided this past weekend to install XBMC and hook up directly to my TV, but when i do so my TV screen is blank. When I log in to the NAS and click XBMC it says great xbmc is install and to connect via hdmi, but nothing is happening. What I'm I doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.
Did you install ASUSTOR Portal and Media Pack?
Robi

Post by Robi »

OK, it's 2019 now and I have an AS6404 NAS with 4, 3 TB drives in RAID 4. I've installed all the apps that look like they will enable me to watch/record/playback anything I can find on the internet. It's just that there is very vague or totally out of date directions in the college support to perform the record/playback steps. Can anybody out there give me some hints on how to proceed? For the record I'm sending the output from the NAS to an AV receiver (Denon 3808CI) then to a Sony KDF46E2000 monitor.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”