Scan to Network Folder

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
L1A1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Scan to Network Folder

Post by L1A1 »

With my previous NAS, I had the 'Scan to Network Folder' set-up on my HP LaserJet. I really struggled to get this feature working on my AS5304T. Now that I've finally had a win I thought I'd share it so that it anyone else finding themselves in the same position might get a solution a bit quicker. I am using a HP LaserJet MFP M130fw, but I'd imagine that this would be a common issue with any MFD.
When you log into your server from a web browser, so to Services and then SMB and set 'Lowest SMB version' to SMB1. That's it. Then you can go to the IP address of the MFD and map and test your shared folder and it should work.
I'd attached a screenshot, but I'm getting this error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
Nazar78

Re: Scan to Network Folder

Post by Nazar78 »

Yes this is common for old printers, they are limited to SMB1, which nowadays recommended to be disabled due to multiple CVEs.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
L1A1

Re: Scan to Network Folder

Post by L1A1 »

True, however the HP HP LaserJet M130 series is still being sold. I feel that they really could've used a better technology than SMB1 which has been around for a very long time.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”