add volume2 shortcut in volume1

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
GHAZALO
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: add volume2 shortcut in volume1

Post by GHAZALO »

Nazar78 wrote:NP enjoy, yesterday I was texting from my mobile phone so I made it simple but now that I'm in front of my workstation, I've edited the earlier posted script sample to reflect your config I see on your NAS.
I may need them in future? I mean unless format all my use or restart won't need to repeat what you did yesterday right?

thanks again you removed my asustor suffering

now seeding from deluge also qbittorrent for both drives without merging the drives, thank to you
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

No you don't need it in the future. I just update it in the post maybe it could help others. It will be persistent even on app/firmware upgrades. Unless of course you reinitialized your NAS then you'll need to redo everything.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
GHAZALO

Post by GHAZALO »

ah ok noted thanks to you caring even about future people may need it

to whom using AS1104T the champ above make solution for multi drive without enforcing you to merge them

but my advice to who didn't buy yet to invest in better device where this cheap device has disadvantage most apps not in the store and even some in the store but not working, i think higher devices is better but this one super budget and i used it through windows until my PC getting heat for 24/7 seeding where I needed this NAS to standalone.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

GHAZALO wrote:to whom using AS1104T the champ above make solution for multi drive without enforcing you to merge them
Nothing new for those who's familiar with Linux, you can do it on any similar platform.
GHAZALO wrote:but my advice to who didn't buy yet to invest in better device where this cheap device has disadvantage most apps not in the store and even some in the store but not working, i think higher devices is better but this one super budget and i used it through windows until my PC getting heat for 24/7 seeding where I needed this NAS to standalone.
It's actually a decent device, just need some modding to accomplish what you desire. Most apps not in the store but you can build/cross-compile them, self-compile the kernel modules etc. if you know how. Some apps not working because it wasn't updated by the maintainer. The NAS is just a server, I mean with some effort, you could probably even run apps in your router or IP camera of course limited to its hardware and architecture.

One good thing about I like about Asustor NAS is they have quite good hardware with decent price, open source that you can modify them as they're less restrictive. I'm using the ADM OS but I also running Ubuntu Desktop via LXC (just updated to the latest Kinetic 22.10), this is for casual web browsing, watch streaming with geoblocking over VPN or playing games (Emulators, Steam and Moonlight) etc. basically it's a PC attached to my living room TV.

I prefer LXC over VM as VirtualBox it's slower on the NAS, choppy video/sound and much overhead. The LXC is just what I need, able to decode HEVC 4K 10bit 150Mbps 60FPS videos (VAAPI hardware acceleration) and the sound output is perfect (on TV or even listening from MS Remote DP).
Screenshot 2022-11-08 015937.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-08 015937.jpg (376.85 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
I've yet to test plugging a USB mic but gamepads (bluetooth or USB) works
I've yet to test plugging a USB mic but gamepads (bluetooth or USB) works
Screenshot 2022-11-08 022941.jpg (296.98 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
Here is my gaming preview with videos https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=13001.

Heck I can even boot Windows 10 natively on the NAS https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=228&t=11218.

So the option is quite vast limited to your hardware if you know what you're doing.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
GHAZALO

Post by GHAZALO »

thanks for clearing

yes not everybody know what to do i am a beginner user so whats in it to the Asustor programmers to add all those to the panel even of the cheap one like 1104T
we can not do what you did to me or originally we can not think why download center not downloading once qbittorrent do, i think the creator either he give all in the device or not create it at all and make the higher version direct

but yes also i like the idea of open source as if some one programmer will do magics;)

Return to “Tips & Tricks”