How To Edit NAS Files?

Share your awesome tips and tricks here.
botics
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How To Edit NAS Files?

Post by botics »

I have been nosing around on the forum but not quite sure how to edit files on my 606T. Can someone point me in the right direction of how I can edit some of the setting or tell me what tools to use?

Thanks
father.mande

Re: How To Edit NAS Files?

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
botics wrote:I have been nosing around on the forum but not quite sure how to edit files on my 606T. Can someone point me in the right direction of how I can edit some of the setting or tell me what tools to use?
Thanks
Depends of which file or configuration file you want to modify
... for A.D.M. use the Web Admin interface (or manually, but some config file are rebuilt as boot time)
... for file accessible through share ... use Windows PC tools like notepad++ able to manage Linux file (or Linux and Mac equivalent)
... for all the other files
... ... using SFTP access, you can use Windows PC tools as previous (or Linux and Mac equivalent)
... ... using terminal (ssh) access you can use vi (provide by Asustor)
... ... ... OR after Entware APKG installation, you can choice to add more editor like vim, nano, joe, zile (like emacs), etc.

Each tool have a full documentation on the Web

So, please, explain your target (and your skills) to help you to use the best tool.

Philippe.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
botics

Re: How To Edit NAS Files?

Post by botics »

RSYNC is taking up to six hours suddenly. It use to be 10 minutes or less on my 606T. I have checked all of the hard drives and they check out ok. I am stumped on this issue which is occurring every time I do a backup via RSYNC. USB backup - no issues.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”