[BUG correction][SOLVED] virtualbox env.sh correction.

Just about everything is virtual these days. Topics relating to virutalization go here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sksbir
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[BUG correction][SOLVED] virtualbox env.sh correction.

Post by sksbir »

Hi

Here is an obvious bug you have to correct if you want to use VBoxManage in other scripts ( eg : starting / stopping VM automatically ).

- login as root on your NAS
- edit file /usr/local/AppCentral/virtualbox/CONTROL/env.sh
- search the line beginning with "export PATH=$VIRTUAL_BIN_PATH:/bin:/sbin:/usr......."
- replace $VIRTUAL_BIN_PATH with $VIRTUALBOX_BIN_PATH

the following line DEBUG="flase" in the same file is funny but correction is not needed.

By the way, how to communicate this kind of problem to the concerned people at Asustor ?

EDIT : solved with 4.3.36.r04
Last edited by sksbir on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
orion

Re: [BUG correction] virtualbox env.sh correction.

Post by orion »

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing it.
I know the support channel of asustor only. I guess it should be a right place to report to.
sksbir

Re: [BUG correction] virtualbox env.sh correction.

Post by sksbir »

So I did. Bug is solved with 4.3.36.r04
sigvind

Re: [BUG correction][SOLVED] virtualbox env.sh correction.

Post by sigvind »

I upgraded from 4.3.36.r02 to 4.3.36.r04 attempting to follow the method described in http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8147 to have the VM start automatically on boot.
Now my Win7 virtual machine will not start... error message: "The virtual machine 'Win7' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)" when attempting start from the GUI.
I removed the startup scripts and rebooted, but the result is the same. Does the R04 contain other fixes compared to R02 than the patch in the env.sh script? Is there a way to downgrade to try?
Any other ideas how to fix this? :-)

Edit:
I got virtualbox up and running again after doing this:
* Removed virtualbox and extension app
* Rebooted
* Installed latest ADM 2.6.5.R9N1
* Updated VPN server for compatibility
* Updated Download center
* Updated Avast antivirus
* Reinstalled Virtualbox and added my existing VM.

Don't know which step that fixed it. The other non-related apps I updated just because I saw they were available.

Before doing this, when the VM wouldn't boot, I had a number of messages in the dmesg log from vboxdrv, the first being (only have a copy of the first line):
vboxdrv: disagrees about version of symbol sched_setscheduler

Return to “Virtualization”