VirtualBox Extension Pack Wont Install

Just about everything is virtual these days. Topics relating to virutalization go here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

taylorwmj
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

VirtualBox Extension Pack Wont Install

Post by taylorwmj »

I have now blown away my VM multiple times attempting to get this to work, but have had no luck. I am able to install a windows 7 x64 on my AS5108T and also install the Guest Additions (really just followed the Asustor doc for setting up a VM in VirtualBox). However, since I want USB support as well as the ability to remote into the machine, I want to manually install the Extension Pack (as recommended by most Asustor documents).

However, upon attempting to install, I ALWAYS get this error:

Code: Select all

VBoxManage: error: Failed to install "/volume1/Public/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.3.20-8.vbox-extpack"
VBoxManage: error: The installer failed with exit code 1: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin/VBoxExtPackHelperApp: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin/VBoxRT.so)
VBoxManage: error: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin/VBoxExtPackHelperApp: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin/VBoxRT.so)
VBoxManage: error: VBoxExtPackHelperApp: error: Unable to locate 'pkexec', 'gksu' or 'su+xterm'. Try perform the operation using VBoxManage running as root
And, yes, I did attempt to run via SSH while running as root. In fact the above error was generated while running as root.

Any idea of what needs to be done to get this to work?
ysaotome

Re: VirtualBox Extension Pack Wont Install

Post by ysaotome »

I also see the same error...
ysaotome

Post by ysaotome »

Found it was! :shock:

there is a need to install virtualbox with root user in App Central.

After installation, ssh login as root, run the following.

Code: Select all

root@hoge:/volume1/.@root # cd /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral
root@hoge:/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral # chown -R root:vboxusers virtualbox
root@hoge:/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral # cd virtualbox/bin
root@hoge:/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin # ./VBoxManage extpack install /volume1/Download/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.3.20-96996.vbox-extpack 
./VBoxManage: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin/VBoxRT.so)
./VBoxManage: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/virtualbox/bin/VBoxRT.so)
0%...
10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%...100%
Successfully installed "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack".

This hints: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68096
artlion

Post by artlion »

Hi,

We have successfully manually installed the Extension Pack as how did you recommend.
However when I try connecting any usb to it, the VM wont recognize that it was plugged in.
I have seen a few other forums here where people have the same problem and have tried following their suggestions without any success.
I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved? Or if anyone has any other suggestions?
I would greatly appreciate the help!
Thank you.

Return to “Virtualization”