Vmware ESXI on 604T

Just about everything is virtual these days. Topics relating to virutalization go here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Paolo-Aldini
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Vmware ESXI on 604T

Post by Paolo-Aldini »

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to install a VM on NAS. I want to run a VM with Windows Server 2012.
My idea is :
1. install ESXI (but CPU can be small) on ISCSI Target
2. install VM with Vmware Sphere Client

Would be wonderfull

Thanks for your idea :)
AS-604T
4x 2To - ST2000DM001
and
DNS-320L for rsync backup
Auberon2k

Re: Vmware ESXI on 604T

Post by Auberon2k »

If you are asking if you can load ESXI on the 604T directly, then no. Can you use the 604T as a datastore for ESX, absolutely. I currently use one of my shares (full of my ISOs) as an NFS mounted datastore. I also have a few smaller drives in my spare bays (AS-608T with 5x3TB WD RED + 3x500GB drives) as an iSCSI target. I have a couple of smaller, less used VMs on the NAS as well as backups of my really important VMS. You could absolutely use ESX on another host to access NFS or iSCSI drives on the 604T and store VMs in that space.

While the Asustor does run an OS of sorts (based on linux) do not think of it as a computer host, it is a hardware appliance designed for providing storage. You could run (as I do) ESX from a USB drive on another PC host, and use the 604T for all the data storage needs of that host.
Shoe123

Re: Vmware ESXI on 604T

Post by Shoe123 »

Thanks for your idea :)
Worried about 156-315.77 latest dumps exam & comptia network+ Testking 648-375] We offer up-to-dated bu practice questions and www.ltu.edu dumps with Maryland Institute College of Art

Return to “Virtualization”