Can't access the data in my HDD drives

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

rainmaker
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't access the data in my HDD drives

Post by rainmaker »

Hi everyone

Been at my wit's end the whole day over my NAS, and was hoping I could get some help here.

I am using as AS3204T, updated with all the latest firmware. Recently my NAS started having issues with HDMI output similar to this. viewtopic.php?f=72&t=8701

The Asustor tech support suggested I try to initialize the NAS as a last resort before proposing a RMA on the unit.

This was what I did.

1) my NAS had 3 drives in there, 2 were in RAID1 config with important data (slot 1 and 2) and 1 was in RAID0 (slot3) with CCTV footage (not important)
2) I took out all the drives, inserted the CCTV drive into slot 1, went to Settings and clicked Initialise under Factory Default Setting.
3) Installed ASUSTOR Portal and tested the HDMI TV Output which did not work.
4) I reassembled all the original drives back.
5) Logging into the NAS, the system prompted me to 1-Click Setup /Custom Setup which warned me that all my data in HDD will be erased.

Obviously, I do not want this to happen. But now, I can't access my data at all as I am unable to get past the setup screen.
How am I able to access the data in the 2 RAID1 drives please?

6) I placed the CCTV drive in slot1, 2 RAID1 drives in slot2 and 3. ADM booted up but Storage Manager says the 2 RAID1 drives are "inactive".

Thank you!
orion

Re: Can't access the data in my HDD drives

Post by orion »

You can try to put your RAID-1 drives into NAS (without "CCTV drive"), then power NAS on. I believe you should be able to see your RAID-1 data.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”