Pretty sure I've been hit with crypto mining software

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

yogibogs
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Pretty sure I've been hit with crypto mining software

Post by yogibogs »

So I recently noticed that my CPU usage went up to 100% and was kind of perflexed with what was causing it..lo and behold there are a couple of processes that point to crypro mining malware (see attachment) the process that was showing as 100% is however not present in the process list as I restarted the NAS before going through the list...but the offending process that I saw before the restart was xmr-stak. I've now downloaded avast and am currently scanning my system but would really need some help with getting my NAS clean again if avast doesn't toot out the mining infection
Thanks in advance!
Yogi
Attachments
2018-05-20_08.49.01.jpg
2018-05-20_08.49.01.jpg (517.1 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
yogibogs

Re: Pretty sure I've been hit with crypto mining software

Post by yogibogs »

Ive updated to the latest ADM as of 20/05..I'm thinking that a fresh install would be the best option to make sure that no nasty crypto mining malware is lurking..I have two disks that are raid 0 that I'd like to use in a fresh install (OS disk not used for anything other than the OS) any tutorials how I can do this in the most painless way possible would be appreciated!
orion

Re: Pretty sure I've been hit with crypto mining software

Post by orion »

If you set to RAID-0, I believe you'll need to backup your data to other machine first before you re-initialize your NAS.
And you should refer to the solution posted by the other one: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9663&p=31179

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”