It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Migrate RAID

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Migrate RAID

Postby calambur » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Tell me please I Have Asustor AS6404T I Want to begin with two disks on 10 Tb and RAID1 I will Be able on this server subsequently to migrate on the raised RAID (and what as much as possible) with increase in capacity at 20 Tb on 2 x additional disks This must be without loss of information which is available at that time on the first two disks???
calambur

Re: Migrate RAID

Postby orion » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm

You can start with 2-disk RAID-1. Add one disk to migrate to 3-disk RAID-5. You'll get capacity of 20TB. Add one more disk to migrate to 4-disk RAID-5. You'll get 30TB volume size at the end. No data loss during the whole process. And you can still access your data during migration which takes time. Check this: https://www.asustor.com/en/online/College_topic?topic=352
orion

Postby calambur » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:52 pm

orion wrote:You can start with 2-disk RAID-1. Add one disk to migrate to 3-disk RAID-5. You'll get capacity of 20TB. Add one more disk to migrate to 4-disk RAID-5. You'll get 30TB volume size at the end. No data loss during the whole process. And you can still access your data during migration which takes time. Check this: https://www.asustor.com/en/online/College_topic?topic=352

Ok Thanks Do you know the fastest way how to move files from one Asustor server to another?
calambur

Postby orion » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:00 am

calambur wrote:Ok Thanks Do you know the fastest way how to move files from one Asustor server to another?

I believe the way is: move physical disks to the other NAS in power off state. Then turn it on.
orion

Return to Backup and Data Protection