6104T GUI interface does not let me see "home".

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Agal59
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

6104T GUI interface does not let me see "home".

Post by Agal59 »

I have two 6104T's plugged into the same switch. I'm trying to configure rsync backup from one to the other. The files I have are under the “home” directory (not “public”). The destination is also under the “Home” directory (on the other 6104 of course). The GUI in Rsync “Services” and the GUI in “Backup & Restore” do not let me browse to the Home directory. I only see directories under Public and Web. Is this a limitation I have to deal with?
orion

Re: 6104T GUI interface does not let me see "home".

Post by orion »

Yes, it seems that they design this behavior by purpose. As a workaround, you can enable "User Homes" shared folder (under ADM -> Access Control -> Shared Folders). After you login to ADM with admin account, you should be able to see "User Homes" which includes all of user home directories.
Agal59

Post by Agal59 »

I get very turned-off when some corporate joker feels they are doing something for 'my own good'! Thanks for the help.
orion

Post by orion »

Agal59 wrote:I get very turned-off when some corporate joker feels they are doing something for 'my own good'! Thanks for the help.
You can write a post in feature request. I believe they should do the changes based on those requests hopefully. I'm all right for my usage case.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”