any possibility to synchronize Data to external Drives eSata / USB

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Store
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

any possibility to synchronize Data to external Drives eSata / USB

Post by Store »

Hi their ....

i just have established an external backup to my IcyBox connected to the eSata Port. During i arranged the backup i saw that theire is
no possibility to do just a syncronisation or other backup methods. It is just possible to more a less copy the Data to the external drive !
Is there any app available which can synchronize Data to external Drives ? Or do other kind of Backup to external drives ?

Thanks ...
Store

Re: any possibility to synchronize Data to external Drives eSata / USB

Post by Store »

upps ... by clicking through I found no real Backup Solution at all for my AS6104T !?!?!
no matter what I choose, internal, external, press button, all of them just "Copy" data from one or more folders to one or more others. Thats it !!
Do I have to install software or any app to be able to make i.e. scheduled, incremental, sync Backups ?
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Hi
it seems that you missed the "archive mode/incremental backup" in external backup parameters.
orion

Post by orion »

You should enable "Archive mode (incremental backup)" in the last step (ADM web -> Backup & Restore -> External Backup). Of course, you can setup a schedule for this backup action.
Store

Post by Store »

Hi ,
thanks for the answers. The thing is, I have no parameter "Archive mode", but I found parameter "step by step storage"
I will use this and check it out. However, the "Asustor Help" does not give full information for the Backupparamateres.
Can anybody explain me what will happen if i chosse "replication of Sparse-Files" as well ?

Thank you ...
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Store wrote:Hi ,
thanks for the answers. The thing is, I have no parameter "Archive mode", but I found parameter "step by step storage"
I will use this and check it out. However, the "Asustor Help" does not give full information for the Backupparamateres.
Can anybody explain me what will happen if i chosse "replication of Sparse-Files" as well ?
Thank you ...
Please take a look here
step 7, page 9 , you will get answer about archive mode and sparse file.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”