One Touch back up not working

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
TBrown
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

One Touch back up not working

Post by TBrown »

Hi,

I'm trying to back up a USB ext. drive to my NAS via the front USB port, but when I push the button to begin the back up, the status says 'finished' 2 seconds later.

The hard drive is a Seagate back up plus for Mac, that I use to back up files on my Macbook Pro, I'm hoping that the USB port is compatible with the Apple hard drive format.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.
orion

Re: One Touch back up not working

Post by orion »

Sounds that the file system is not a compatible one. You can check if you can see the file list of this USB device using ADM web interface. If there are no files on the USB device, it means device is not mounted / recognized.
TBrown

Post by TBrown »

Thanks for your reply Orion.
When I connect it, and go to the 'external devices' screen, I'm shown 3 usb devices and they all list the seagate model that I connected, Seagate back up plus for Mac. It looks like USB1-2 is the actual drive as its total capacity is 1TB.

Do you have any idea why it's not compatible, the system format should be HFS+ since I'm able to transfer files to and from my MacBook, and NAS is supposed to support this format?

Is my only alternative to FTP all these files?

usb1-1
file system: FAT16/FAT32

USB1-2
file: system unsupported

USB1-3
file: HFS+
9% of a 128M file was copied
orion

Post by orion »

It shows that USB1-2 file system is not supported. You might be able to gather more information about what's the file system if you know "ssh", "fdisk" and "gdisk" commands. However, as the result, it is highly possible that the file system is proprietary one (by Seagate backup plus). It should not be HFS+. I think the best way for you is to send a support request to asustor. They should be able to identify the root cause remotely and quickly. ;)

FTP is a good choice.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”