RAID 5 rebuild?

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gingerincltd
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

RAID 5 rebuild?

Post by gingerincltd »

Heya there folks,

Right - What am I missing here...

I have a RAID 5 array in an 204TE... Drive failed... Drive replaced... Where's the rebuild option?

All I have is the option to expand drives...

The replaced drive is listed as inactive, and I have no idea how to make it "active" again.

Help? Or clues?

I have read the Asus college manuals on RAID, and theres nothing there... And I certainly know where options are on Qnaps and Synologys...
But here - Am I missing something?

Regards

Jules
Attachments
Raid5 Replaced Drive.png
Raid5 Replaced Drive.png (42.43 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
Auberon2k

Re: RAID 5 rebuild?

Post by Auberon2k »

Hit management, that should allow you to replace the inactive failed drive with the new drive I believe.
gingerincltd

Post by gingerincltd »

Heya,

No - It didn't unfortunately.

It just went to inactive on the drive list, and all manage let me do was expand the array to larger disks and replace disk 1... But disk 2 was the one that had failed.

Eventually after pretty much everything locked out I went to the ADM updater, and did a manual update to re-apply the latest ADM (same version / over the top) - and that also locked out in the processing...

So I left it for an hour, pulled the plug, and plugged it back in, then it started rebuilding the RAID array automatically.

Phew...

I had just finished copying on 6TB of data on to it and didn't want to have to wipe it!!

Regards

Jules
Mike

Post by Mike »

I have the same problem. Asustor AS-606T and 4 WD Green * 4Tb. The second hdd was lost. And I have no idea how to rebuild my raid 5.
I restart my nas and replaced hdd. After then rebuild was started.
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

I had a similar issue, I believe it is caused by replacing the drive too fast, pull the inactive drive and wait for the nas to report the removal on the front display, then insert it. After I did that the rebuild started
608t

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”