AS-202TE RAID 0 data loss

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
Sylvester187
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-202TE RAID 0 data loss

Post by Sylvester187 »

Hi everyone

I'm an Asustor AS-202TE and 204TE user, installing them into AV system as a media server with XBMC player via HDMI. Last week one of my clients has reported me the problem with data access after 3 months of using. The AS-202TE has stopped be available for reading and writing. I've checked the NAS and it seems to be fine, but the volume is "not available".
Any clues how to restore data?

Sly
soilderco

Re: AS-202TE RAID 0 data loss

Post by soilderco »

Hi Sylvester187

Could you specific restore data?? from where?? ;)
Storage: AS-302T
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

My AS-304 has been working for a couple of months on wd red drives already without any issues. Have you tried to power on and off and even pull drives and then back in to see if the volume can be back ? If not working , then you may have to use the data recovery software or ask asustor support, or the recovery agent services.
Sylvester187

Post by Sylvester187 »

soilderco wrote:Hi Sylvester187

Could you specific restore data?? from where?? ;)

Hi, soilderco

Restore data from Asustor AS-202TE... or the HDD's.

Sly
Sylvester187

Post by Sylvester187 »

Hi, Kerry

Thanks for reply.
I've already have contacted local distributor and their support service and Asustor Support as well. All they could do is check the healthrecord file and say that nothing wrong is with AS at this moment, bot it has lost RAID matrix and don't know why.
So, for support command I've restarted system, plugged out and in the HDD bays. Nothing happend. Still the volume status is "unavailable" and data can't be seen.

Of course I can take the drives to the data recovery service, but it will cost as much as a new device (what drives me crazy) and still don't know what went wrong - if I will get back the data I can't be sure it won't happen again.

That's why I'm asking on forum - I know that Asustor and distributor have no responsibility for data safe and it's my own risk. If I could know why it happend I would decide is device safe or not.

Sly

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”