Internal Backup

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
DeanNAS!
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Internal Backup

Post by DeanNAS! »

Hi All,
I have a Nimbustor 4 AS5304T. I have 2 4TB drives, set on a Raid 1 config. I have added a third drive which wanted to set up as separate disk to backup to internally but I can not initialise the drive. When I look in Storage Manager it shows my 3rd drive as healthy but it is inactive (i assume as its not assigned in anyway).

When i open Back Up and Restore and try to set a back up plan, it does not show this drive as an option for a destination, it only shows me the folders i have set up in my raid 1 configuration (the 2 x $TB drives).

I expect I am doing something wrong or am I being stupid by assuming I can set a third drive up internally as a single backup drive for my current volume? Is it aslso worth noting, that i am just using a spare 2TB drive i have ( i am not storing any more than 2TB on my current 4TB Volume).

I have also set up a external 2TB Seagate SSD, which i have set a back up plan to. I originally set up notifications and i was getting lots of messages saying the backup was showing an error. I had switched off the notifications but now i can ot see what state the backup are in, whether they are successful or not. can someone guide me to see the health of the back up?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
Nazar78

Re: Internal Backup

Post by Nazar78 »

You need to create a volume on that inactive disk. In the Storage Manager, click on the left menu volume then click create. After creating the volume, go to the Access Control > Shared Folders to create a share for you to use for data or backup.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
DeanNAS!

Post by DeanNAS! »

Thank you! I knew i was being a bit stupid. I knew i had to create the volume, i just didn't know where to do it. I now have a internal back up on a separate drive! You are a star!!!! :D
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

NP glad it helps, we all learn something everyday.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”