Deadbolt

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
Dell
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Deadbolt

Post by Dell »

Hi all
Back at the beginning of the year we had a power outage and after that when trying to connect to my nas through Plex I couldn’t when going to Asustor control panel in had initialized , but due to health problems I couldn’t do anything about it, I have recently been abl to have a further look into the problem so after googleing I found out about deadbolt , I also found on Asustor website how to get back into the nas again so I followed the recommendation on website and I am able to get back in touch with the nas again but Plex saying file empty ( but it’s not ) if I go into the file on control centre the films are all there, can anyone please tell me how to rectify this as I have 100’s of films on there and I don’t have copies of most.
If anyone has an answer to this please bear in mind I am 70 years old and not very tech savvy.
Thanks in advance Dell
Old man but still learning
Nazar78

Re: Deadbolt

Post by Nazar78 »

You can try add back the media paths to Plex else I believe the Plex DB is damaged/removed or sort of. If you do not have backups of this DB, you can try start fresh, by reinstalling Plex. First rename the Plex directory in the share '/Plex/Library' to something else before reinstalling (do not delete in case of anything). Then uninstall and reinstall Plex followed by adding back your media paths to the library.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
Dell

Post by Dell »

If I open the folders in file explorer it has the extension.deadbolt tried renaming without ( .deadbolt )
doesn’t help , it’s not Plex it’s the files.
Old man but still learning
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Sorry I thought you have already recovered your media and had issue with Plex. If the media were encrypted by deadbolt I'm afraid I can't help much. Please refer here for details https://www.asustor.com/knowledge/detail/?group_id=630.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”