NAS Security

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
whoson3rd
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS Security

Post by whoson3rd »

ASUSTOR NAS post Deadbolt question:
This all made a believer of me. Never thought someone would root me out of the woodwork to hold me up for ransom.. After all there is nothing of real value on my NAS, just troublesome to rebuild it all afterwards. No reward here! BUT I am a believer in internet security NOW and want to learn.. I will play the part of "grasshopper", so someone please teach me the best way to make my NAS safe now.

I use my NAS mostly for streaming PLEX library to my LG Smart TV for entertainment. No streaming outside of my LAN network. I need to be able to hook-up with my NAS by a desktop computer to organize the Plex library. I am using a Windows-10 program but eventually like to switch to a Linux Mint computer.(after I learn how)

Can someone 'in the know' kindly teach me what apps and/or settings make me vulnerable and advise just what will get the job done for my purposes with minimal exposure to the WAN?

Much Obliged!
orion

Re: NAS Security

Post by orion »

In case that you setup NAS to be accessible only within LAN (i.e., disable DDNS, disable EZ-Connect, disable EZ-router). Your NAS should be safe enough.
whoson3rd

Re: NAS Security

Post by whoson3rd »

Thanks Orion much appreciated.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”