Recover NAS Disk after Deadblot

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
coat
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Recover NAS Disk after Deadblot

Post by coat »

Hi all!
As others, also my NAS has been attacked by Deadblot.
Now, when I access to it it ask me to reinitialize disks.

The first thing I would to do is to make an image of my three 3 TB disks into a 10 TB disk.
At the moment, if I connect them to a PC and read them I see that there is much space occupied but I can't see any files.
My disks are configured with RAID (I don't remember if RAID 3 or 5) and maybe this is why I can't read anything.

Do you know if I can simply create an image of each disk and store them into the new one? Or do I need to do a particular procedure to create disks images that are each "connected" to the others by RAID configuration?

Second thing: once the disks have been backed up..... is there a way to try to recover NAS without delete anything?

I hope I explained myself

Thanks for your help
orion

Re: Recover NAS Disk after Deadblot

Post by orion »

In case that you are familiar with Linux command, dd, you can actually copy whole disk images to one large disk manually. However it's not a usual way. You'll need to calculate and remember start sector location and size of each disk.

You should follow the guide (https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/knowledge ... oup_id=630) to recover your NAS. But your files are still encrypted. This way is just to remove this ransomware and recover ADM.
coat

Post by coat »

Hi orlon and thank you for your reply.
orion wrote:In case that you are familiar with Linux command, dd, you can actually copy whole disk images to one large disk manually. However it's not a usual way. You'll need to calculate and remember start sector location and size of each disk.
I haven't many familiar with linux command dd. Can you tell me if there is a wizard to follow to clone disk? Or, is there a more practical way to do this that automate these calculation?
orion wrote:You should follow the guide (https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/knowledge ... oup_id=630) to recover your NAS. But your files are still encrypted. This way is just to remove this ransomware and recover ADM.
So, even if I recover my NAS I can't recover my files. Do you think it makes sense to clone the disk as we said above?
orion

Post by orion »

If you are not familiar with Linux command, you should learn it first (google it). I believe you'll have hard time to study it. :(

No, I don't think cloning encrypted disk images is useful. Anyway, you should at least follow the guide to recover ADM. Maybe, some of files are not encrypted yet.
coat

Post by coat »

orion wrote:If you are not familiar with Linux command, you should learn it first (google it). I believe you'll have hard time to study it. :(

No, I don't think cloning encrypted disk images is useful. Anyway, you should at least follow the guide to recover ADM. Maybe, some of files are not encrypted yet.
I see.
Thank you very much, Orion

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”