Deadbolt ransomware

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
lmugarte
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Deadbolt ransomware

Post by lmugarte »

Hi

Hello everyone

Same thing happened to me this morning. The HDs of my NAS AS1002T v2 started to fail (red led), I rebooted and then the same message from Deadbolt appeared.
Important: since the last attack I had disabled EZConnect and followed all Asus technical instructions and my firmware was up to date from the last version

Please ASUS we await your urgent pronouncement!!
JeffBoyd61

Post by JeffBoyd61 »

Crap. Me too. This is getting very old.
JeffBoyd61

Post by JeffBoyd61 »

It's time for Asustor to pay off the Deadbolt folks to stop the ransomware attacks. If not, they need to pay damages inflicted on the purchasers of their product.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

lmugarte wrote:Hi
Hello everyone
Same thing happened to me this morning. The HDs of my NAS AS1002T v2 started to fail (red led), I rebooted and then the same message from Deadbolt appeared.
Important: since the last attack I had disabled EZConnect and followed all Asus technical instructions and my firmware was up to date from the last version
Please ASUS we await your urgent pronouncement!!
Hello
I know it's not going to help you much, but if your experience can help others: can we verify that you really did everything right?
- Firmware installed: 4.0.5.RTU2
- Ezconnect deactivated
- ADM port changed
- ssh port changed
- SSH disabled
- user admin disabled, and you have created another account of your choice to administer the NAS
- Autoblacklist enabled + "hard" settings => 3 times in 10mn = 1 week of blocking + ALL protocols checked.
jcminarro

Post by jcminarro »

I have been attacked as well.
Any option to recover files?
earthwalkerx

Post by earthwalkerx »

same here -.-
AS6102T shutdown and diconnected -> waiting for instructions.

Firmware 4.0.5.RTU2
- Ezconnect deactivated
- ADM port wasn't changed
- SSH was activ, but blocked be FW
ov2rey

Post by ov2rey »

i try to shut down or reboot the nas and it do not enter initialization page.. i am stuck with the deadbolt page...
core_haza

Post by core_haza »

I have also been attacked.
Asustor AS6508T.

Where is Asustor support? This is insane. The fact that this has happened a 2nd time after Asustor 'fixed' the problem, showcases that there are vulnerabilities in their hardware/software!
I have a lifetime of work on this NAS (yes I have back-ups, but I have over 120TB+ with a lot of file turn-over, so it's not an easy solution to 'back-up everyday').
Asustor really needs to step up and help users recover their data.
bravolima

Post by bravolima »

I was also attacked two days ago.
AS3102T
I haven't used the NAS for a long time, but it was online and with not the latest firmware. EZ-Connect was on.
- I unplugged the LAN, shut the device down and made all the things, I saw on Asustor homepage.
- I could update the firmware to the newest one, but the ransomware remained.
- I changed all deafult ports, blocked all access from outside, but maybe too late.
- Now the situation is:
- If I turn the NAS on, I can enter the ADM, do everything. BUT if I press F5, the deadbolt screen comes up again.

So I did everything after the attack that was adviced by Asustor (in Febr...), but the attack is still there and I guess that the encryption is still going (if not finished already.). So I shut down the system and waiting.
gianluigi1982

Post by gianluigi1982 »

Same here.
AS-202TE
shutdown and disconnected.
It seems that ASUSTOR and QNAP should pay to keep their customers.
This is very annoying. Always updating, patching...

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”