Data Recovery ouch!

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

rust
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Data Recovery ouch!

Post by rust »

I have deleted several gigabytes of files during an application reinstallation, not realising the files were getting wiped along with the app update.
Network Recycling was disabled.

So I'm looking for a way of undeleting the files from the hard drives.
Is it true that I need to remove the drives and connect them to my PC?

This is really urgent, as it's about 18 months worth of data.
And if I'm asking in the wrong place, please tell me.

A6302T
RAID Level 1
2x ST2000VN004-2E4164
Seagate Ironwolf 2T Drives
father.mande

Re: Data Recovery ouch!

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If you don't have restart and recreate files after deleting them (if new files, this can be suppress previous one (or not))
Raid 1 is a copy of the data partition, so you can try to recover using the Radi1 or a single disk of the two.

You can use on the NAS using and external USB live boot, with Raid tools inside ... change Bios boot order and boot the live USB (without permanent space used on disk) ... reassemble the Raid or directly from Data partition (usually partition 4) and eventually mount the files system in the Raid depends of the tool you use after (ex. for information (as an example) not as solution read : viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10117&hilit=+recover#p32691

To recover data (add, in usb, live tools available on Linux (like photorec (don't stop you on the name ... read information : https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_FR ))
BUT ... other recovery tools and undelete tools exist : https://net2.com/how-to-recover-deleted-files-on-linux/ (including photorec) /// etc, etc. ... so use the best corresponding to your Linux skills.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”