AS-202T-1A00 and ASUS WebStorage

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sdemills
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-202T-1A00 and ASUS WebStorage

Post by sdemills »

I would like to be able to use my AS-202T-1A00 NAS together with my ASUS WebStorage space. So far I can find no APP that is compatible with both of these things.

Although there is an APP called ASUS WebStorage it does not list my NAS on its list of compatible devices. I tried using the manual install procedure just in case it might work, but it didn't work.

There are other Cloud backup and sync APPs available some of which show example cloud services that they work with and they say they can work with other cloud services too, but when I install them they do not actually offer any other additional cloud services at all - just the ones shown in their screen capture.

I would like to selectively backup up parts of my NAS storage to my ASUS WebStorage account - I'm not interested in backing up to any other cloud service - I've paid for ASUS WebStorage and now I wish to use it.

I notice on the ASUS WebStorage web page for my account that multiple platform APPs are available including for Linux. Since ADM is a version of Linux I'm wondering if I download a Linux client whether I can install it using PUTTY and whether it would actually work?

Has anyone been down this path who could offer some helpful advice?
Kind Regards
Steve
Using AS-202T with 2 x Western Digital 6TB drives as RAID1
Nazar78

Re: AS-202T-1A00 and ASUS WebStorage

Post by Nazar78 »

ASUS WebStorage appears to be a 64 bit binary whilst your NAS is 32 bit. It's only possible with emulation (limited and lots of things to do) but I don't have your NAS to test. So the best bet is to request ASUS for the linux 32 bit app.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
sdemills

Post by sdemills »

Thanks for the reply.

What is the best way of contacting ASUS to ask for the 32-bit version?

It's a pity they don't simply support their own WebStorage for my NAS - it could cost them lost business - for example: had I bought 1Tb of Microsoft OneDrive storage then there is a standard ASUS APP that would let me backup and sync to OneDrive, but there is not one for ASUS WebStorage. Similarly had I gone for AWS storage then that is supported for my NAS too. I guess it's another example of "cheapest is not always best" :)
Kind Regards
Steve
Using AS-202T with 2 x Western Digital 6TB drives as RAID1
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

I'm not sure as I'm not using their service. The app seems closed source hence I can't help compile for you, although I do roughly see some APIs which you can program with some knowledge. So best is to contact them personally and request for the 32 bit (i386) version https://personal.asuswebstorage.com/.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”