Help using Backup & Restore Utility with Linux

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Nazar78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Help using Backup & Restore Utility with Linux

Post by Nazar78 »

I've not used Duplicati before but what you're seeing on Duplicati is similar to any typical ftp backup clients. This is a push method. The source will always be on the one running it (NAS) and destination would be the ftp server (linux box). In this case you're running it on the NAS so it expects the source to be the NAS and the destination is the linux box but this wasn't what you intended which is a pull method. The only way is to run Duplicati on the linux box and push the backups to the NAS ftp server.

Back to your Backup & Restore utility issue, unless you want to switch the source/destination as mentioned above, I can't really tell what's the problem unless I'm hands-on checking and troubleshooting few variables like the configs/network/ports/iptables etc. Seems yours are few of those. I can help take a look at your setups if you like but only during my free time. Have been doing it quite a few times remotely past years, not only for NASes like synology, wd and qnap but also vanilla OSes too. I'm on GMT+8 usually I do stuffs around midnight my time. Prepare your stuffs then let me know your timezone and available date/time, I'll PM you the remote invitation.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
dmtparker

Re: Help using Backup & Restore Utility with Linux

Post by dmtparker »

I only tried Duplicati because it was an app in ADM, but I found it on line, downloaded and installed it on my Linux box and it is currently running just fine. Unless something crashes or I have other problems, I think I will just stick with this. If support ever gets the Backup Utility working for me, I will post results for the next person.
Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”