It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:57 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

[SOLVED] Can't change or delete backup task as the name is too long

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

[SOLVED] Can't change or delete backup task as the name is too long

Postby melgi » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:14 pm

I have an issue. I have two internal backup tasks that perform a similar backup action.

One is called "Scheduled backup fotos en documenten" and the other is called "Backup fotos en documenten". I want to delete the first backup task named "Scheduled backup fotos en documenten" as the tasks perform similar actions. When I try to delete it, I keep getting this message:

"Unknown error. Please contact technical support for more help. (Ref. 5034)". This is due to the name of the backup task I think being longer than 32 characters. I don't know how I got it there, as the task was created years ago. Whenever I try to rename the task and save it, I get the same error.

Is there a way to either delete this task outside of the GUI or rename the task to a shorter name so I can delete it in the GUI?

Regards,

melgi
Last edited by melgi on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melgi

Re: Can't change or delete backup task as the name is too long

Postby Nazar78 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:21 pm

You can SSH into the NAS as root then edit/delete the conf and status files content entry: /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/internalbackup/

Example to remove a task, look for the task name then take noted of the UUID in the task.conf, it's also stated in the task.status. Remove these occurrences. Then finally remove the schedule, run: "crontab -e" it will edit using vi. Move your cursor to the beginning of the line where you see the related UUID (id=UUID), then enter: "dd". To save and quit, enter: ":wq". At anytime you made a mistake and want to quit to start over, enter: ":q!".

Or just simply rename to shorten the task name in the task.conf, then remove from ADM itself whichever you prefer.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [40TB N300 RAID10 + 5 Bay USB: 8TB RAID5 & 480GB SSD for Apps]
Nazar78

Re: Can't change or delete backup task as the name is too long

Postby melgi » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Nazar78,

Thank you for your help! I managed to change the name in the task.conf en remove the backup task! Again thank you very much for your help as I was having this issue now for a couple of years and just ignored it. Now everything is fine again!
melgi

Return to Backup and Data Protection