merging 0%

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.
nathan646
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

merging 0%

Post by nathan646 »

Initially set up Nimb4 on RAID5 & btrfs using 3 disk. Added the 4th disk today @ 11:54AM. It is now 4:18PM and Storage manager is still showing "Merging (0%)". Anything I should I look for? Seems like I should've seen some progress by now.

Thanks
orion

Re: merging 0%

Post by orion »

It sounds abnormal.
If you know how to use ssh (enable ssh under ADM first), you can login to NAS with root account. Then use command "cat /proc/mdstat" to see the progress.
nathan646

Post by nathan646 »

SSH would freeze whenever i typed a command, even just changing directory. Shutdown and restart options would fail, so I eventually did a hard power down. When the system came back up the 4th drive was marked as a spare. Couldnt figure out how to add it as to the array to expand capacity and things still weren't working right (slow, app icons from store were white, etc), so I tried resetting to factory default from menu... nothing. Tried holding the reset button.. nothing. Tried restarting the machine and holding the reset button.. got constant beeps every 4 or 5 seconds, nimb4 wouldnt boot. So i took the drives out and formatted them 1 by 1 in Fedora.

The new raid finished this morning and i started copying my data from old hard drives via usb. Progress eventually stalled about 90% into copying a folder of movies. Had to do another hard shutdown.

Not looking promising so far.
nathan646

Post by nathan646 »

Had the system freeze up again while transferring files. Scanned for bad blocks and now resetting the system to factory default. Going to format the raid array to ext4 time to rule out btrfs as the cause.
nathan646

Post by nathan646 »

System seems A LOT more stable with EXT4. No freezes or weird graphical issues. Transferred 5TB so far.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”