Backup & Restore saying internal disk is full.

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

flyingj
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Backup & Restore saying internal disk is full.

Post by flyingj »

I have an internal backup set up on Backup & Restore on a MyArchive disk that's giving me the error below:

1. Destination data volume full. (MainSharesBakto8TB)

The internal backup is an 8TB disk set up in btrfs with just one snapshot of the disk in its current state before I run a backup.

I've even deleted the snapshot and still am getting the error. I am not trying to backup more data than I have space for but I'm getting this anyway. (After the backup I should still have 3TB free on the myarchive disk.)

Any idea as to why I am getting this?
Nazar78

Re: Backup & Restore saying internal disk is full.

Post by Nazar78 »

Is there similar space issue if you were to manually put the data in it? I'm not using the MyArchive feature so I can't test. Probably it's best to contact Asustor Support.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
deenelz

Post by deenelz »

Im having the same issue **Destination data volume full. (Ref. 5043)** . I read in a post on reddit that the problem could be from the last ADM update and would be addressed on a update, I just installed the latest update today and still having this issue.
chris.e

Post by chris.e »

Edit the backup job, set the schedule to "once" and set the time to 2 minutes in the future. The backup should run fine (as it will on any schedule, just not using the backup now button.)

Apparently Asustor is creating a fix for the bug.
helgrimm

Post by helgrimm »

chris.e wrote:Edit the backup job, set the schedule to "once" and set the time to 2 minutes in the future. The backup should run fine (as it will on any schedule, just not using the backup now button.)
Oh thank you so much. After dealing with the dreaded **Destination data volume full. (Ref. 5043)** for a long time I even formatted the drives and recopied the data. The error reappearing after a short time was what brought me here.

And it works now, this solution does the trick for me. Hopefully there will be an update to bring back recurring backups.
AS5304T + AS6004U + 4 x SEAGATE EXOS 16TB + 2 x SEAGATE IRONWOLF 8TB + 2 x WD 4TB

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”