Backup to Backblaze B2

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

btbuescher
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Backup to Backblaze B2

Post by btbuescher »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up automatic backup / sync from my Asustor to Backblaze B2. Using the Cloud Backup Center app I was able to create an initial backup to B2. But since then I've had trouble syncing to that backup. Here's usually what happens:

- Using the Cloud Backup Center I select my B2 backup that I created initially and click "Back Up Now"
- The backup goes immediately from 0% to 59%, where it stays for a long time (roughly an hour)
- If I click on "Info" for the backup it shows it at 59% but shows 0 seconds elapsed and 0 bytes uploaded
- After an hour or so I get an error that says: Failed to sync with 4 errors: last error was: march failed with 3 error(s): first error: 1000 calls/minute allowed for: API_LIST_FILE_NAMES_CALLED (429 too_many_requests)
- Weirdly, one time the backup seemed to work. After getting stuck at 59% for a while it went back to 0% and starting uploading files. I haven't been able to get it to work again.
- Also weirdly, when I look at my backup on Backblaze, it looks like some of the files have been updated since the initial backup (and even since the second backup that worked), but still do not match the timestamp of the respective file on my NAS (i.e. are not the latest file).

Has anyone run into this? Any solutions? Are there settings on the NAS I need to adjust? Hoping to not have to pay for a third party cloud sync app for B2, but looking for other ways to get my backup to work consistently.

Thanks!

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”