Bad Blocks solved by running Wn 10 CMD CHKDSK but loose data

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

RedArrow
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Bad Blocks solved by running Wn 10 CMD CHKDSK but loose data

Post by RedArrow »

Hi.
I have an AS3304T with 3 by 4tb drives in Raid 5 with an empty slot. I had Bad Sectors on slot 2 which showed as 2 Current Pending Sector (197) SMART info. A Bad Block Scan showed Bad Blocks so I replaced the disk. I did several things to the removed disk including running AOMEI bad sector scan and formatting the disk in NTFS and running a Command Line scan with the disk G:(chkdsk /f /r /x G:); both of which showed no errors. I put the disk into the spare AS3304T slot and it still showed bad sector but the SMART info was clear so I ran a Bad Block Scan and this now showed no Bad Blocks. The disk is now working fine as a single disk volume and has been filled to capacity as a test with reading the majority of the disk as well.

There was presumably a glitch in the disk but was cleared, presumably by command line relocating the Bad Block/Sector.

Is there no other way to recover a disk by relocating the bad block/sector like this except by going to Command Line CHKDSK scan in Win 10 which clears the data and obviously degrades the Raid 5.

Thanks

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”