No home folder to backup

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

froboz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No home folder to backup

Post by froboz »

I have a home folder for each user on my lockerstor 2 but when I go to cloud backup center and create a backblaze B2 job the home folder is not listed as an option to select for backup. Every folder but that one is listed. I do not have the option disable file access UN-checked so it is not that. Any clues on what might be the issue? Thank You.
orion

Re: No home folder to backup

Post by orion »

Not sure if anyone understand what you mean. You'd better to post pictures here...
wde

Post by wde »

Is this what you're looking for?
Access Control -> Shared Folders ->User Homes (Edit to uncheck "Disable file access to this folder")
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
froboz

Post by froboz »

Sorry if I was not clear. Let me try again. There is an app called 'cloud backup center' . This app is for 'backups'. I am trying to backup my 'home' folder to backblaze. Backblaze is online storage. When I go to select my 'home' folder ... wait there is no home folder to select in the 'cloud backup center' .. Hope this helps.

Also the disable file access checkbox is not the problem in this case as I tried that after searching this forum.
Attachments
asustor.PNG
asustor.PNG (140.94 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
orion

Post by orion »

Did you login as "admin"? I did not try Backblaze. But I tried SFTP within "cloud backup center". I can see / select "User Homes" without problem.
froboz

Post by froboz »

I had the admin account disabled but I re-enabled it and tried again but still no luck. The home directory is not listed. Thanks for trying on your account. It would be weird if SFTP showed it but backblaze did not but that is one thing I would like to rule out. Is anyone using backblaze b2 with cloud backup center and if so can you see the home folder? I think the problem has got to be that home folders are different in the sense that the program detects who is logged in and changes the home to that user so it is different than other folders you might create.

update: I tried a test SFTP server and again no home folder. :|

update: I ssh'ed in and did a ls command to see permissions on the home folder and it is indeed different from the other folders but it still looks like everyone has read and execute permissions.
Attachments
asustor1.PNG
asustor1.PNG (18.44 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
froboz

Post by froboz »

ok so I figured it out and it was on my end I guess. The issue is there is a 'home' folder and a 'user homes' folder so I had disabled access to 'user homes' because when someone went there it displayed all the users home folders. I just had the 'home' working cause it brought the user to their home folder and not a list of everyone's home folders. So the solution is not really a great one because now when you browse the NAS it show both 'home' and 'user homes' . I wonder if I can enable 'user homes' create the backup and then disable file access? prob won't work.
Attachments
asustor3.PNG
asustor3.PNG (20.68 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
orion

Post by orion »

ADM hides "home" shared folder for applications (not sure why). "admin" is the only user (and administrator group) that can access "User Homes". So you don't need to worry the access rights for ordinary users.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”