Really SLOW transfer

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AndyM
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Really SLOW transfer

Post by AndyM »

I am playing/learning with the new AS1104T. Mapped it and decided to just copy a file from the AS6604T (using windows explorer) to see how it worked. Both are wire connected to the same 86u router although the little guy in on a power line connection (supposedly a 1gb unit). Got less than a blistering 2 mbs speed - a 5 gb file took about 40 minutes. I am sure there has got to be ways to improve that. Suggestions?
orion

Re: Really SLOW transfer

Post by orion »

You should check the speed between PC and AS1104T and the speed AS6604T first. Check the link speed for all 3 devices.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Good point - how do you check the link speed? Is there a program/app for that specific purpose? Just looking at file transfer speeds seems to vary a great deal for reasons many and unknown. I see an app called Librespeedtest - would that be a good choice?
orion

Post by orion »

On NAS, you can check network interface which shows link speed. On PC, click network interface icon, it will show you the link speed.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Amazing what you can find out after all these years.
Both NASs show 1000Mb/s, Full-duplex; MTU 1500.
PC Wifi 866/866 (Mbps); MTU 1500.
As the PC is not wired at this point there is no "current" status for ethernet.

Seems like those numbers are pretty good. Just installed all new cables (cat 6) and moved the router as a new sound bar I bought has a wireless sub that was interfering. Other ideas?

Thanks
Andy
orion

Post by orion »

Apparently PC is the bottleneck. You should use wired connection on PC. And NAS to PC, then PC to NAS for one file transfer. It means half speed at most.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

OK thanks - I will try that.

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”